All About It

All About It

Thursday, October 27, 2011

American Quilter Cover Story - Anita's Art Quilt

 The textile artist began in my memory with my Grandmother, Ruth.  As a mother of 11 children, she was a resourceful woman who utilized a sewing machine and crochet needles for need and wants for her family.  I learned to sew on a 1950s Viking Sewing Machine that now resides in my mother's home.  I just handed off my mother's 1970s Viking to my daughter, who is a Fiber Arts Students at KCAI.  A hearty machine that I have used for many years.  
My talented Mother taught me to sew and has enjoyed making many things over the years. Her passion of the last several years has been quilting.  She enters several pieces every year in the Iowa State Fair and has received many ribbons.  She is a former President of the Des Moines Quilter's Guild.  Her most recent accomplishment is being on the cover of The American Quilter (November 2011).  The cover is an art quilt that she created as part of an American Quilter Society sponsored show.  Great job mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment